Lalbagh Flowershow August 2009
Lalbagh Botanical Garden is located in the heart of the city, about 4 km from the State Legislature - the Vidhana Soudha. Most parts of the garden is surrounded by different blocks of the beautiful residential layout � Jayanagar. The city buses plying to Jayanagar and localities beyond Jayanagar stop at one or other approach gates of Lalbagh. The garden is accessible through four gates. Vehicles are allowed only through the East gate towards the Double Road. There is ample parking space on entering through this gate. Vehicular movement inside the garden is restricted. Access to the Directorate of Horticulture and related offices is through the main gate. HOPCOMS, MHS and BNCS offices are easily accessible through the Double Road gate.
ATTRACTIONS IN LALBAGH FLOWERSHOW AUGUST 2009
DETAILS OF LALBAGH FLOWERSHOW AUGUST 2009
- Dinosaurs made of 50,000 flowers, mermaids of roses and 120 new species.
- 720 species will be displayed, of which 120 among them, including tulips, wax-flower, nebrane and rice-flower are introduced for the first time.
- 80 foreign species are likely to be the attraction this year.
- Teddy bears, rabbits, fish, elephants and deer made of flowers will woo children.
- Ikebana, Indian floral art, vegetable carving, Dutch flower arrangements, dry flowers, Thai art, Jannur and Bonsai shows will open on August 8 and 9.
- 100 stalls selling gardening gadgets and plants
Show starts on August 7, 2009
Open from 8 am to 7 pm
Online Ticketing has been withdrawn
Tickets can be bought from Lalbagh main gate, Double Road gate, Siddapura gate, Basavanagudi gate and 200 Hopcom centres.
Entry to the visitors from KH Road (Double Road) and exit from South gate towards Jayanagar. Parking is available at the beginning of Double Road and also near the exit. Due to security reasons all vehicles and visitors are screened. Visitors are requested not to carry eatable and handbags to the park.
ENTRY FEE DETAILS
: Rs.30 on weekdays, Rs.40 on holidays
Children (6-12 years)
: Rs.150 on weekdays, Rs.200 on holidays
: Rs. 20
[ + ] READ MORE ABOUT LALBAGH BOTANICAL GARDEN BANGALORE