Regional Conservation Laboratory RCL, Mysore
The RCL, Mysore or Regional Conservation Laboratory, Mysore was established in 1986. The staff strength of RCL, Mysore is 24. Regional centers in the north east,west east, and central India are proposed and will be opened in stages.
The RCL provides technical assistance in conservation of different art objects in southern states of the country. The RCL provides conservation services and implements programs of the NRLC in the region.
RCL, Mysore has facilities for the conservation of:
- Wall paintings
- Oil paintings
- Miniature paintings
Regional Conservation Laboratory,
Sidhartha Nagar, Mysore-570011
Phone Number : 091-821-2421507, 821-2439028
- Orientation Workshop of 10 -day duration on Preventive Conservation of Museum Objects at the Regional Conservation Laboratory, Mysore in the month of Jan, 2007.
- Regional Conservation Laboratory, Mysore designated as a research center of the National Manuscripts Mission. The research projects in the area of Alternative to silicone acetate lamination use of oxygen-free environment, adhesives for palm-leaf manuscripts and traditional methods and materials of conservation.
- Workshop on preventive conservation of temple art works from 29-30 Nov.2007 in collaboration with Mysore district administration.
- Conservation work at Sri Malai Mahadeshwara Temple.
- Conservation of oil paintings of Mysore Palace.
- One-day seminar on 'Disaster Management' in collaboration with Mysore Palace Board and Dept. of Archaeology,Mysore. on18th August,2007.
- Conservation project of art objects belonging to Directorate of Central Excise and Customs, Goa
- Conservation of paintings and books from Directorate of Archaeology & Museums, Mysore.
- Conservation of rare books from Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Training of personnel of State Archives, Karnataka on manuscript conservation
- Organisation of National Conservation Conference in association with Indian Association for the Study of Conservation of Cultural Property.
- Conservation of wooden objects of Janpada Loka, Ram Nagar, Bangalore.
- Conservation of paintings at Meenakshi Temple, Madurai.
Conservation of Mysore Palace - Conservation of paintings in Bangalore