Sarpa Samskara at Kukke Subramanya
Sarpa Samskara pooja at Kukke Subramanya is performed by unmarried people who want to get married.
Kukke Subramanya Temple Address
Kukke Shri Subrahmanya Temple,
Subrahmanya, Sullia Tq.,
Dakkshina Karnataka, Karnataka - 574238
Phone Number: 08257 - 281224, 281423, 281700 & 281300
All devotees who are willing to offer Sarpasamskara Seva have to register their names in the temple office by paying Rs.2500/- either by cash in person or by bank DD favouring "Kukke Shri Subrahmanya Temple" along with full address and contact number. Subsequently, temple office will inform such registered devotees the date of commencement of the Seva. Further your attention is drawn to the fact that Kukke Shri Subrahmanya Temple has no branches either locally or outside in any place/city. Hence Sarpasamskara Seva, Nagaprathistha, Ashlesha Bali and other Sevas/Donations offered within the temple premises or in a place specified by the temple only will be authentic. Any Sevas/Donations offered elsewhere in the name of "Kukke Shri Subrahmanya Temple" will be unauthentic and will not serve the purpose intended by the devotees. This is being published in the best interest of public in general and devotees in particular (Sd/- Chairman, Committee of Management, Kukke Shri Subrahmanya Temple, Subrahmanya.)
Steps for Performing Sarpa Samskara At Kukke Subramanya
- If you are an unmarried person and you show your horoscope to an Indian astrologer, the astrologer immediately says it is Sarpa Dosham. Sarpa Dosham is generally believed to be the result of misdeeds from a past life/lives revisiting your present life. If your atma/ soul has caused any harm to snakes in a prior life, then it will cause problems for you in this life, hence 'sarpa dosham'. In order to obtain relief from 'Sarpa Dosham' you need to perfom 'sarpa samskara'. The cost of a 'sarpa samskara' ranges from Rs.1300 to Rs.1800.
- If you want to do the 'sarpa samskara' you need to go to the Kukke Subramanya Temple situated 285 KM from Bangalore. It is mandatory to stay there for two days.
- Accommodation is available, ranging from Rs.150 to Rs.400 per day (Non AC / AC). The pooja cost for a 'sarpa samskara' is Rs. 1500. In order to perform a 'sarpa samskara' pooja, it is advisable to book in advance. The temple authorities help out, though, by charging around Rs.300 to Rs.500 extra for a pooja to be performed without prior booking.
- The pooja is a 2 day program.On the first day it starts at 7.00 am and ends at 12.30pm. followed by lunch at the temple only good food is also provided at the night by temple. you are not supposed to eat /drink in the hotels or elsewhere during these two days. next day again you will be required to attend phase 2 of the pooja which again lasts for 4 hours again followed by lunch.
- If you have not booked in advance, then it is advisable to reach the temple one day(at least the earlier evening) prior to the intended pooja day.Rooms may be available in the temple lodges but rarely u get them immediately and you cant book the temple lodges over phone. Private lodges are available and can be booked over phone.
- Don't go more than a group of 4 people because it is the max head count for each sarpa samskara.
- Carry some washed cotton clothes to wear at the pooja
- Brahmin community people are to do the pooja themselves for non brahmins there will be temple appointed Poojari performing on behalf of you.
- Rainy season is not a good time to visit due to bad roads and continuous rains.
- Couples having trouble in conceiving are also advised by astrologers to do the Sarpa samskara.