Doddaballapura, is a town and municipal council in Bangalore Rural district in Karnataka. Dodda means big in the native Kannada; contrasted with Chikkaballapura or the 'little Ballapura'. The city is near the historic regions of Muddenahalli-Kanivenarayanapura-Nandi.
There are several historical temples in Terina Beedhi, Doddaballapura like Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple, Chowdeshwari temple, Neladaanjaneya temple, Shankara matha, Someshwara temple, Kashi Vishweshwara temple, Panduranga Swami temple, Prasanna Anjenaya Swami temple (near railway station), Venugopalaswami temple, Muthyalamma temple, Sadhanandara matha, Saptha mathruke Sri mariyamma temple(karaga temple),Dharmaraya Swamy temple etc. Every year Brahmarathotsava is held in Sri Venkateshwara Swamy temple in the month of Magha Masa where lot of people from far away places gather to offer prayers and also world famous Karaga festival happens every year in the month of May/June(on the day of buddha Poornima).
Some of the other landmarks in Doddaballapura include Raamannana Bhaavi, Naagara kere, YMCA, Government Teaching School, Railway station, Navodhaya School, etc.
Tourist Attractions in Doddaballapura
- Tubagere Prasanna Lakshmi Venkateshwara Swamy Temple
- Shani Mahathma Temple in Madhure (Kanasawadi)
- Ghati Subramanya Temple: Subrahmanya is one of Hinduism's important Gods. Subrahmanya is also called as Karthikeya, Shanmuga, Saravana and Muruga. Subrahmanya is the youngest son of Lord Shiva. The specialty of this temple is that it has two gods - on the front side there is Surbrahmanya and the rear side is Narashima. One can see both the gods at the same time. For viewing the god on the rear side, there is a mirror. The temple is about 60 kilometers from Bangalore.
- Hullu kudi hills
- Rayara matha in Lakkasandra
- Benakana wada
- Keten halli falls in chikkaballapur